Welcome to Hazeldene Farm.
The first year that sheep have set foot in this farmyard and what an adventure it has been. Join the flock through the highs and the lows of the years past. Every one of the Jacob sheep has a little short story to go with their lambs (and lots of pictures!).
Are you perhaps thinking about starting or have just started a small flock of your own? Curious about what shepherds do to look after their flocks? Well the second part of this book contains all those key questions you ask yourself in bitesize pieces:
- What do I need to have in my lambing kit?
- What to feed pregnant ewes coming up to lambing?
- Sheep need vaccinations. Which ones and when?
- Tupping time and due dates?
- How to set up the lambing shed?